Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected include: version of the web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, and payment information (including credit card numbers).
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify [ADD ANY OTHER VENDORS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE THIS INFORMATION. FOR EXAMPLE, SALES CHANNELS, PAYMENT GATEWAYS, SHIPPING AND FULFILLMENT APPS].
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: [MODIFICATIONS TO THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AS NEEDED]
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: [ADD ANY VENDORS USED TO PROVIDE CUSTOMER SUPPORT]
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please get in touch with us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfil our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or another lawful request for Information we receive, or to protect our rights otherwise.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may interest you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We share Information about your use of the Site, your purchases, and your interaction with our ads on other websites with our advertising partners. We collect and share some of this information directly with our advertising partners and, in some cases, through cookies or other similar technologies (which you may consent to, depending on your location).
For more information about targeted advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
[INCLUDE OPT-OUT LINKS FROM WHICHEVER SERVICES ARE BEING USED. COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide our services to you, which include: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
[INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SECTION IF YOUR STORE IS LOCATED IN OR IF YOU HAVE CUSTOMERS IN EUROPE]
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
[INCLUDE ALL THAT APPLY TO YOUR BUSINESS]
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this Information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your right section below.
Suppose you are a resident of the EEA. In that case, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling) when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We [DO/DO NOT] engage in fully automated decision-making with a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that has no legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denied listed IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
Suppose you are a resident of the EEA. In that case, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, port it to a new service, and ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you want to exercise these rights, please get in touch with us through the contact information.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and transferred outside Europe for storage and further processing.
A cookie is a small amount of information downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use several cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies improve your browsing experience by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). You don’t have to re-enter this information when you return to the Site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide Information on how people use the website, for instance, whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are frequent visitors.
We use the following cookies to optimize your site experience and provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with admin access.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing, and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most cookies we use are endless and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience, and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. More Information on how to modify your browser settings or block, manage, or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through sites such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not wholly prevent how we share Information with third parties, such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt out of specific uses of your Information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that there is no consistent industry understanding of responding to “Do Not Track” signals, so we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.